Homoeopathic Dispensary

Started in a humble way at Chunamandi, Paharganj, the general outdoor dispensary was shifted to 1, Mutiny Memorial Road in January 1933. It began to draw crowds of patients soon. It continued to be there till it was moved to the permanent home of the Mission in October, 1935, and finally reorganized on a large scale.

Dispensary and Library Building-1950

Dispensary and Library Building-1950

The foundation stone of the building where the dispensary is presently housed was laid by Shri Shankar Prasad, the then Chief Commissioner of Delhi, on May 1, 1949. A two-storeyed building on the south-west corner of the Mission premises was constructed and it was opened by the then Hon’ble Health Minister, Rajkumari Amrit Kaur on August 27, 1950. While the ground floor housed outdoor homeopathic dispensary, the first floor was used for library (This is the corner building on our campus, where still the homeopathy dispensary works out of. The Axis bank works out of part of the building). Later the library was shifted to the building next to the dispensary.

The dispensary has been serving the people of the neighborhood, particularly the poorer section of society. The dispensary functions in the morning

  • from 7.30 am to 10.30 am in summer and
  • 8.00 am to 11.00 am in winter.

During the year under review 3,527 patients were provided with this treatment.